Om du vet fler så är jag mycket intresserad så lämna gärna en kommentar så jag kan spana in dem.
I made 2 toils in woven linen in the first one it felt like about everything was wrong and I started to mistrust this idea, it seemed like I ordered the wrong size pattern and inexperienced as I am wasn’t going to be able to fix it but after modifying the band under the cups it all just worked and a little cup modification and it fit me. My size is 38″B but my wire size is 42 so apparently I have flat and wide breast and that it why I have such trouble finding bras that fit.
I didn’t like the shiny side of the fabric from the kit so I basted it together with the stretch net or the back band to create a matt finnish. I used the pin-up girls Classical bra #1230, I widened the band a bit and the straps to match my findings.
Negroni shirt by Colette patterns made in a soft blue shirt linen I made a few fitting adjustments to the pattern. I used about 1.3 meter of a 3.1 meter width fabric 2 spools of 100m cotton thread and 8, 12mm buttons.
For the next one: I will take it in a bit in the back and possiblyremove the pleats.
Some one didn’t really want to cooperate with the camera.
This is a circle skirt made in linen, I bought some linen online in the beginning for the summer, believing that is was a thin nice shirt linen, but when it arrived here it was thick, scratchy and not nice at all. So in an attempt to use up all of my small fabric stash I made this skirt and it is quite nice and I have had a lot of use from it already. I don’t want to have a lot of fabric taking space and especially fabric that is unlikely to be used. and the Baniska top is much better tucked into a skirt.
When my favorite designer released this fabulous t-shirt for free I rushed to buy some fabric (or I thought I did) as it happens the online purchase never went through and I have been waiting and worrying about why it hadn’t arrived yet. As I was looking for all the purchase information so that I could ask the company why they hadn’t sent my package yet, only to realize that there was no purchase at all. After this I searched in my special storage for a special fabric and found some that was suitable. These are the first 2 of many more to come, the pattern is beautifully done and easy to follow. It has a few sleeve options and nice elbow paths if you like that.
First up, a thicker wintery sweater suitable for a snowy day like this (we got about 30 cm outside our window, love it) made in a cotton french teary, it is sturdy and excellent for this T. It feels great to wear and looks more professional because of its sturdiness.
And last, Merino double knit with a little elastane to make it rebound well. The fabric has a bird eye pattern with rose red and white even if the photos don’t show it very well. I have been saving this for some time until I found the perfect sweater pattern.
Details: I lengthened the sleeves about 5cm and sewed the sleeves with only 3/8″ seam allowance instead of 5/8″ and left out the elbow paths, otherwise I followed the pattern precisely.
This is Kimono sleeve dress from Salme Patterns, made in a flowy light rayon. I love it, the fit the colour and the cool and airy feel of it. My husband do not agree, he think it looks like an oversized t-shirt. I think it might be lovely to wear in the summer because of it’s airiness as well as it the winter with a slip underneath. I used french seems for the side and shoulder seems and rolled hem for the neckline and the hem. So what do you think, is it a nice dress or an awful oversized t-shirt that should never be worn?
Peony dress from colette patterns, made in linen, I did not make a muslin, rather considering this as my muslin, and the bust darts are to narrow, the sleeves just a little too tight and the neckline is a bit floppy. but otherwise it is a nice silhouette and I should make another one with some modifications.
I feel a bit like Cinderella at the Princes ball when I’m wearing this. It is made in thai silk that my father bought for me a few years ago, the colour wasn’t great so I over-dyed the fabric before I started cutting. This dress calls for a festive occasion, so it will probably be a visit to the Concert Hall soon. The pattern is my basic bodice with a width long gathered skirt and button up back.
I need a petticoat for this but I didn’t think of it before I saw these pictures.
This is a Teachers dress from Ottobre nr 5 2011. I made this over a year ago but it has somehow escaped the blog until now. It is the first dress I made with sleeves and they’re not perfect but good enough. This is a very comfortable dress and I use it a lot. The fabric is a slightly stretchy cotton manchester. I changed the skirt from a fitted one to a six panel a-line skirt that I think is more flattering and comfortable.