Negroni shirt by Colette patterns made in a soft blue shirt linen I made a few fitting adjustments to the pattern. I used about 1.3 meter of a 3.1 meter width fabric 2 spools of 100m cotton thread and 8, 12mm buttons.
For the next one: I will take it in a bit in the back and possibly remove the pleats.
Some one didn’t really want to cooperate with the camera.
My latest wardrobe addition is this linen shirt, I don’t usually wear shirts but I thought this was cute and gave it a try. I’m really pleased that I did. The fabric is one that I got this spring from the local fabric store, I got the last of it and there was only 70 cm left. I couldn’t pass it up because it was so beautiful. Ever since have I been trying to find a suitable project that would make it justice but it’s not easy to find a pattern that only requires 70 cm or less even if the fabric was extra wide.
This is Peplum from ottobre 5/2013, I used a 100% shirt linen with different colored wept and weft. The neck lining is made in a quilting cotton. The only modification I made was to take it in a bit over the waist.
Now to the skirt, this was made 2 or 3 years ago but is still unblogged (I’m a really bad blogger sometimes). It is made in a heavy 100% wool probably intended for winter suit coats, it might be merino, it feels like it but I can’t remember. The skirt is a 6 panel self drafted since until about a year ago I had never followed a pattern but drafted all of my sewing projects. This is not to brag I simply didn’t know how to modify a pattern to make it fit and though it was easier to simply fit as I went or as this case simply calculate a 6 panels from a circle, to fit my high hip and maximize the width of the skirt using the fabric I had.