I made this dress for my cousins wedding in august but since I wasn’t completely pleased with the photos and taking new ones have proven difficult. I took the Bombshell dress class on craftsy and used the accompanying pattern. The fabric is something I bought a long time ago and have dragged around with me through several relocations and finally it has now become something spectacular. It is silk taft in pale dusty pink with printed green to brown flowers on.
Modifications: I lifted the over the cups area quite a bit and drafted my own skirt with pleats using all the width in the fabric and wished that it had been a little bit wider. I also made my own boned strapless bra to go with it.
I underlined the entire dress with a high quality thick cotton clot, (intended for the underdress in or national costume).
I also lined the bodice with a beautiful nan iro volie and sewed in a creme coloured waist-stay with a pearl button as closure. I also added horsehair braid to the hem to make it more structured instead of a petticoat which I think would only have been bulky to this type of skirt that doesn’t have much width.