This is my first take on Kate and Laney’s tap shorts. I cut the size based on my hip measurement and it was one size too big, but instead of going down a size I shortened the yoke and made them a lower fit instead. I really like where they hit this way, they are still a high rise but not a natural waist. The fit isn’t completely perfected yet, but pretty good and absolutely useable. The fabric I used is twill from Sew Over It, really nice and soft for twill. I have already made another pair that’s waiting to be photographed along with a new alice top in the same fabric that’s used for the pockets. No one can see it but I love the inside of the pockets unreasonably much. I did buy the two fabrics with the intention of making an entire outfit of them or maybe two considering the amounts, and I’m so glad that they do coordinate as well as I hoped. It is always a bit risky shopping online. I am planning on making a plain sleeved crop top as well in the flovery fabric but haven’t decided on a pattern yet.
These will be perfect when the summer comes.