I made a wish list in the beginning of the year, of things I want and things I just want to make because they’re so incredibly cute. I made one for sewing and one for knitting, the knitting list contains mostly kids wear although we do not have plans on kiddos any time soon I’ve been obsessed with knitting kids wear. They are so close to my heart that even if we have no use for them I can’t give them away.
- Pearlemor genser for me
- Jan sweater for me
- Vintage red v-neck cardigan for me
- Cabled vest for Peter
- Ballonbukser – almost check (this pattern is only available in a book I don’t own and I ended up making other cute very high waisted baby trousers instead altho these are something special so if anyone i know have the book I’d love to borrow it. It feels wrong to buy a book for one pattern since I don’t like the rest of them)
- Faunajakke + Lue -check
- Frost sweater
- Baby set in alpaca (cardigan, shorts, hat, socks)
- Christmast sweaters
- Allover colourwork cardigan
- (another Amelie and Waterlily for me)
I have knitted a lot and I really thought that more items from the list would have been done by now. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not. It might be a good thing to regularly make lists and make sure to make the things that stay on the list. For If I were to make I list today it would look a bit differently, for example I haven’t though of a Christmas sweater for about a month however I would really like for us to have some before next christmas.
- Hazel dress
- Alice top – check twice
- 50’s blouse – check
- 60’s blouse
- Shorts – check twice
- Long trousers
- A-line skirt
This list is much more on track the only thing I almost forgotten is hazel. I think it can be a perfect winter dress but my head turned to summer just after, or before really, I made this list. I think that my sewing is much more organized then my knitting and more needs oriented since I don’t really need any more cardigans already having an overflowing dresser in the hall. Knitting has become spontaneous and purely for fun while sewing still needs to fill the gaps in my wardrobe. An other dressier skirt would be wonderful for I’m wearing my black velvet all the time, several times a week most weeks. This might be a good mix for now, knitting whatever I feel like one project at the time and sewing to prepare for the next season. I have persuaded Peter to let me sew him some trousers, he likes cargo pants and he think that it’s alright to wear them to a party/christening/wedding if their navy or black. I don’t really agree but the shorts I bought him last year in an attempt, a plain pair of blue short for summer parties it didn’t work, they’re not comfortable enough, So I thought that if I made some clean trousers with slanted pockets, front fly and welted back pocket in stretch twill he might actually wear them and they will be reputable enough for job interviews and celebrations.
I do have one restriction when it comes to future kid knitting, different size, because what’s the point of having more sweaters in size 3 months than there are days they’ll fit. I am also trying to coordinate colour to things that will mix well however this isn’t going well, a lot of old stuff have some weird colours that doesn’t really go with anything.
Todays making list/wishlist
- Maternity top for my cousin (she needs some for her growing belly now that normal clothes don’t fit any more) URGENT
- Trousers for Peter URGENT
- Lingerie (I’m in desperate need of new and the store bought doesn’t feel right now that I know how there supposed to fit and that that breast aren’t supposed to hurt when you take off your bra in the evening) URGENT
- Colour work (my hand and mind longs for Colour work)
- Toddler rompers sewn and knitted
- Blouses/tops for me sewn and knitted
- Knitted baby trouser (I’m a bit obsessed)
- Nancy cardigan
- Vest for Peter
Do you plan all your makings or work purely on inspiration?