It is almost 2 years since I last wrote about wardrobe planning and it has been too long. My style and the colours I long for have changed since then. Last time I planned to eliminate all black and go for navy instead, now I want black (this is new for me, I have always avoided black until a year ago), really deep black leggings and a nice skirt and a blouse have become my standard outfit for all semi-formal occasions.
The garment in my wardrobe that I wear the most
Appart from leggings that I wear almost every day and underwear. This will be cold whether inside as I’m freezing a lot and autumn has definitely arrived.
- black velvet A-line skirt
- navy pleated skirt
- green linen A-line skirt only around the house it’s comfortable but not that great looking
- navy velvet washi, this is a favourite, it’s warm and amazing, easy to wash and stunning
- dusty purple dress 1/2 sleeves and panel skirt
- Kimono dress purple
- Black with white dots sleeveless
- alice top, in float navy and red, I wear it as soon as it’s out of the wash
- white alice
- green float high neck 60’s inspired top
- blue button up blouse
- pink linen short sleeved shirt
- pail pink flowy cowl top
- withe lace crop top
I want all the new things I make to really fit in with what I already have, I have started to slow down in my personal knitting and sewing as I do when I feel like I have filled my needs. My crafting is driven by “necessity” even if it is an imaginary need. I love to sew fancy dresses, to make pyjamas and coats, but for some reason I just stop making for myself when my wardrobe is full. Instead I make gifts or stock up baby cloths but at a much slower rate. I think that this is healthy and only wish that I could keep my reasoning from the down time when I’m in a making frenzy as this two phases go back and forth in my life.
Going forward I want to keep my head in the frenzy phase where all I want is to make the latest indie pattern, I think that I’ve been a little better for the past year but improvement is still needed. I want to make sure before I start that this item will be something I will love and use until it can no longer be repaired.
From the most used garments, I look at them and see them as shapes, this is what works well for me.
- A-line skirts
- loose fitting blouses
- warm semi fitted cardigans with long lines
- marked under-bust/high waist dresses with loose skirts
- details details details, I am so much more likely to like and wear any thing with a collar, lace, lots of button plates, yoke details and so on.
Please share you thoughts in the comments or a link, I’d love to hear what you think.
I have started a newsletter, it will come occasionally and with previews of new designs and coupon codes. It will most likely not come more then 2 times a month and you can unsubscribe at any time.